Join UASI today and work with the top HIM experts in the industry! We are currently seeking an experienced Coding Auditor to join our HIM consulting team remotely from a home office.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Work with clients performing coding audit and/or review services on a variety of Inpatient and Outpatient facility record types including but not limited to: MS-DRG/APR-DRG, Same Day Surgery, Observations and Emergency Department
- Identify trends based on coding audit and review findings and formulate recommendations for corrective action plans
- Perform necessary research in order to provide the client with supportive regulatory and coding guideline documentation. Examples of this research include but is not limited to: Official Coding Guidelines, Medicare/Medicaid Claims Processing Manual, Office of Inspector General guidance, Local/National coverage determinations and transmittals, and National Correct Coding Initiatives
- Participate and lead exit conference calls with clients to provide audit results overview, identifying trends and potential action plans
- Provide in-service education to clients on specific coding trends identified, as requested
- Assist in the design and presentation of educational seminars to clients and staff
- Work with other members of the HIM Consulting Division on Senior Level Projects such as assessment and analysis, development of tools to assist in the audit process, development of education for staff, develop coding test material for applicants and develop coding content for short articles with coding advice for clients
The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, have the ability to work independently, quality conscious and be able to adapt well to change.
Additional qualifications include:
- RHIA, RHIT or CCS certification
- 5+ years’ minimum experience performing Inpatient and Outpatient facility audits and reviews in addition to previous coding experience
- Initiative to perform research to maintain a high level of knowledge and skill
- Ability to remain impartial and objective in finalizing and presenting audit findings
- Willingness to take ownership of responsibilities and deadlines