Professional Surgical Coder Job Description
Elevate your expertise! Join UASI today and work with the top HIM experts in the industry. The remote coding positions at UASI allow HIM professionals to have the best of both worlds: a challenging opportunity to utilize and enhance current coding skills and the convenience of working from home.
We are currently seeking experienced Professional Surgical Coders who are CPT coding experts in professional billing of surgical cases performed in both the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Expertise in coding for a variety of multi-specialties
- The ability to send queries to providers when appropriate
- The ability to answer coding questions from providers, clinical teams and other departments
- Must be comfortable in attending clinical department meetings as needed
- Experience working in a university facility setting or a large trauma/teaching hospital
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder) or CGSC (Certified General Surgery Coder) or a CCS (Certified Coding Specialist) or CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist-Physician) certification is required
UASI is dedicated to providing employees with the tools needed for professional growth and development. We also recognize that HIM professionals are our greatest asset and in return for your talents, we offer a dynamic work environment, career growth and development, strong leadership, and competitive salaries with a sign-on bonus.
UASI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.