Outpatient CDI Specialist Job Description
UASI is passionate about providing CDI Consulting services that improve quality and accuracy. We are continuing to expand our CDI service offerings and we are seeking an experienced professional to join our team. The Outpatient Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialist is responsible for facilitating the integrity, overall quality, accuracy and completeness of clinical documentation in the health record.
The ideal candidate will have a clinical background with a thorough knowledge of ICD-10-CM and the official coding guidelines, CPT procedural coding, OPPS and CMS and other payer regulations. The ability to communicate with physicians and hospital staff in a collaborative manner to promote appropriate clinical documentation and quality improvement is a must. For this unique, outpatient-specific role, we are seeking the following qualifications:
- Recent/relevant outpatient hospital CDI experience
- Clinician with experience in hospital outpatient work flow and documentation
- RN certification preferred
- CDIP, CCDS-O, or CCDS preferred
- Experienced in documentation requirements for coding and reporting of various outpatient services within the hospital
- Knowledgeable in outpatient diagnosis and procedure coding
UASI is dedicated to providing employees with the tools needed for professional growth and development. We recognize that CDI professionals are our greatest asset and in return for your talents, we offer a dynamic work environment, career growth and development, strong leadership, full benefits and competitive pay.
UASI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.