Fifty-three new codes were added to the new technology group for FY 2023
Many of the new technology section codes may be eligible for New Technology Add-On Payment (NTAP). Below are just a few of the new codes.
- X0H – Insertion of Neurostimulator Lead into Sphenopalatine Ganglion, Vagus Nerve
- X0Z – Computer-assisted Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation of Prefrontal Cortex
- X2A – Intermittent coronary sinus occlusion
- XF5 – Destruction of liver using ultrasound-guided cavitation
- XKU – Supplement Upper Spine Bursa and Ligament with Posterior Vertebral Tether
- XNH – Insertion of Internal Fixation Device with Tulip Connector into Left or Right Pelvic Bone
- XRG – Fusion of Left or Right Sacroiliac Joint using Internal Fixation Device with Tulip Connector; Fusion using Interbody Fusion Device, Customizable
- XRH – Insertion of Posterior Spinal Motion Preservation Device into Lumbar and Lumbosacral Joints
- XRR – Replacement of lateral or medial meniscus with synthetic substitute
- XW0 – Introduction of Substance (several additions)
- XW1 – Transfusion of Substance into Central and Peripheral Vein
- XXE – Measurement of Coronary Artery Flow and Infection of whole blood; Measurement of Brain Electrical Activity with Computer-Aided Semiologic Analysis
- XY0 – Extracorporeal Antimicrobial Administration and Anticoagulant
Not coding new technology codes with NTAP is a frequent error that can cause hospitals thousands of dollars.
To see all the codes available for NTAP, visit the Federal Register.
To view other coding tips, click here.