Interim Coding Manager Job Description
UASI is currently seeking an experienced Coding Manager to join our HIM Consulting team. The Interim HIM Manager provides interim leadership and HIM services to clients including but not limited to: operational assessments, productivity reviews, quality auditing, process improvement, reduction of DNFB, compliance with JCAHO Regulations, and overall management of HIM functions.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the management of staff within the HIM department and provides direction, training, and support to ensure the goals of the department are achieved
- Manage the DNFB, denied claims, and problem accounts
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels including managing staff schedules for vacations and other requests for time off
- Provide support and technical assistance to staff performing coding
- Monitor productivity of staff to ensure production goals are achieved
- Perform quality audits to ensure standards are met
- Work with other departments within the hospital as needed
- The ability to travel is preferred
The ideal candidate will have previous HIM management experience and is flexible, detail-oriented, has the ability to be a positive influence on others and adapts well to change. Additional qualifications include:
- RHIA, RHIT or CCS certification
- Bachelor of Science or Associate Degree in Health Information Management or related field (preferred not required)
- A minimum of five years’ supervisory experience in the HIM arena
UASI is the employer of choice due to our outstanding reputation for excellence within the industry, top salaries and for our comprehensive benefit package.
UASI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.