CDI Consultant Job Description
UASI is passionate about providing CDI Consulting services that improve quality and accuracy. We are continuing to expand our CDI service offerings and we are seeking experience professionals to join our team.
The CDI Consultant will work with client facilities to analyze and interpret medical record documentation and formulate appropriate physician queries to improve the quality, completeness and accuracy of the medical record. The ideal candidate will have a clinical background with a thorough knowledge of official medical coding guidelines, CMS, and private payer regulations related to the Inpatient Prospective Payment System.
Additional qualifications include:
- RN, BSN or MSN with a clinical background
- A minimum of 3 years’ CDI experience
- Experience working at large academic medical centers is a plus but is not required
- The ability to communicate with physicians and hospital staff in a collaborative manner to promote appropriate clinical documentation and quality improvement is a must
- The ability to travel is preferred but not required
UASI is dedicated to providing employees with the tools needed for professional growth and development. We recognize that CDI professionals are our greatest asset and in return for your talents, we offer a dynamic work environment, career growth and development, strong leadership, full benefits and competitive pay.
UASI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.