The VP, Information Technology is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company’s Information Technology and Systems operations. This includes leadership over all networks, infrastructure, engineering, operations, as well as all aspects of enterprise architecture and information security. Most importantly, the right candidate partners with the Executive Vice President and Executive Leadership Team to provide strong vision and leadership to ensure the company effectively leverages information technology and systems to achieve and maintain a sustainable competitive advantage.
• The right candidate will be a key player in providing transparency to the EVP and Executive team on all matters relating to IT capability, investment, and intra-company systems integration. The right candidate must be predictive and proactive on strategies and tactics to support the organization in growth and compliance.
• This position will report to the EVP.
• The right candidate participates in due diligence reviews of potential acquisitions.
• The right candidate will be able to lead development and maintenance of internally developed software applications and interface with external developers of vendors or partners.
• The right candidate must be an experienced integrator of 3rd party solutions and demonstrate a capability to adjudicate “build or buy” analysis based on organization strategy and budget.
• The right candidate must work closely with the marketing/growth team to develop and implement digital marketing strategies to foster and accelerate growth, innovative products and sales velocity.
• The right candidate serves an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth. As part of this role, serves as a consultant to the company various enterprise business units, where the intersection of existing and emerging technologies can impact top-line revenue and improved margins.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides effective leadership to the team through prioritization based on visions, goals, shared decision making within understood boundaries, and fostering entrepreneurial spirit in the team. Generates a “can do” culture and personifies rigor, discipline and engagement with business teams.
• Lead management of desktop, virtual desktop and mobile phones and associated peripherals
• Management of internet/bandwidth consumption contracts
• License Management of software used across the business. Contract renewal and renegotiations.
• Network related voice and video conferencing capabilities.
• Privacy and Security compliance including disaster recovery and business continuity.
• In association with business leaders, implement and develop appropriate information sharing and collaboration tools for improved business performance.
• Provides effective management of associates through timely, candid and constructive feedback. Develops associates to their fullest potential and provides challenging opportunities that enhance associates career growth. Recruits and develops appropriate talent pool to insure adequate bench strength and succession planning. Recognizes and rewards associates for accomplishments.
• Ensures effective leadership is in place and succession bench strength is defined.
• Develop departmental budget. Accountable for performance against financial parameters and monitoring and reporting on budgetary aspects within own area.
• Oversees the development of a capacity plan to be used during budget planning
Technology Direction / Operation Oversight
• Act as a thought leader and maintain an in-depth working knowledge of application and infrastructure technologies. Remain current with emerging industry trends, identify new functionality to meet business needs and foster knowledge sharing.
• Ensures all data, including Protected Health Information, is properly secured and employees trained in the proper use of the data.
• Establishes technical standards and process that ensure adherence for application development.
• Leads infrastructure and system integration engineering and operations efforts.
• Ensures all technology deployments are properly implemented, integrated and supported and achieved on-time and on budget.
• Develops IT Operation and Service goals and objectives that are aligned with the company’s goals and objectives. Facilitates a “bias for action” within the department to hit milestones and targets.
• Monitors departments performance to ensure goals and objectives are achieved or exceeded.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Possesses a minimum of 10+ years of executive-level management experience, skills and knowledge with preference for healthcare services.
• Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external individual in a clear, focused and concise manner.
• Demonstrated experience in attracting talent, building and maintaining exceptional teams, utilizing both internal and external resources
• Demonstrated experience leading and motivating teams. This would include providing direction, coaching and giving effective feedback to mid-executive and managerial team members.
• Demonstrated strategic technology planning, execution and policy development skills.
• Extensive IT leadership experience managing multiple cross-functional teams or projects and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders. Preference given for experience within highly regulated environments.
• Strong background in business processes, technologies and systems that support best-in-class operations including high volume and high availability environments.
• Technical expertise with multi-platform computing infrastructures (e.g. private & public cloud,
on and off premise cloud).
• Proven track record in managing projects and budgets on aggressive timetables.
• Proven success in developing high performance IT and or engineering organizations.
• Possesses and displays excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal business partners and external vendors in a clear, focused and concise manner.
• Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in technology-related field preferred.