Elevate your expertise! Join UASI today and work with the top HIM experts in the industry. The remote coding and auditing positions at UASI allow HIM professionals to have the best of both worlds: a challenging opportunity to utilize and enhance current coding skills and the convenience of working from home.
We are currently seeking an experienced Coding Auditor to join our HIM consulting team working remotely from a home office. Responsibilities include:
- Perform coding audits and reviews on a variety of professional fee record types including: Evaluation and Management, surgical CPT, hospitalist, annual well visits, inpatient pro-fee and outpatient pro-fee.
- Perform coding audits and reviews on a variety of specialties, such as: Primary Care, ENT, Nephrology, Urology, Cardiology, Thoracic, Neurology, Emergency Department, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Behavioral Health, Ophthalmology, Endocrinology etc.
- Perform necessary research in order to provide the client with supportive regulatory and coding guideline documentation. Examples of this research include but is not limited to: Official Coding Guidelines, Medicare/Medicaid Claims Processing Manual, Office of Inspector General guidance, Local/National coverage determinations and transmittals, and National Correct Coding Initiatives
- Assist in the design and presentation of educational seminars to clients and staff.
- Work with other members of the HIM Consulting Division on Senior Level Projects such as assessment and analysis, development of tools to assist in the audit process, development of education for staff, develop coding test material for applicants and develop coding content for short articles with coding advice for clients.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, have the ability to work independently, quality conscious and be able to adapt well to change. Additional qualifications include:
- AHIMA or AAPC certification.
- 2-3 years’ minimum experience performing E/M audits and reviews in addition to previous coding experience.
- The ability to remain impartial and objective in finalizing and presenting audit findings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with confidence on site and via webinar/conference calls.
UASI is dedicated to providing employees with the tools needed for professional growth and development. We also recognize that HIM professionals are our greatest asset and in return for your talents, we offer a dynamic work environment, career growth and development, strong leadership, full benefits and competitive pay.