United Audit Systems, Inc. (UASI), a rapidly growing, healthcare consulting firm seeks to expand its professional team of employees by adding an experienced Nurse Auditor to our Revenue Integrity team. The ideal candidate will have a combination of clinical experience in a hospital acute care setting and experience providing reviews of the hospital billing and charging policies.
- Perform a variety of audit services including charge audit, compliance audit, medical necessity, defense audit, appeals, denials and other requests as needed.
- Review and analyze the client itemized billing statement and the patient medical record and related documentation to identify items that were not billed correctly.
- Adhere to the National Health Care Billing Audit Guidelines, UASI Code of Conduct and Compliance Program, and the client third party audit policy while performing all duties.
- Navigate hospitals medical record system and understand where to locate the financial information in relation to the patient payer billing information.
- LPN or RN required.
- AHIMA or AAPC coding credential required.
- Previous clinical experience in a hospital acute care facility.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read a medical chart and hospital itemized bills.
- Understanding of hospital charging policies.
- Strong computer skills (experience with Epic preferred).
- Knowledge of hospital patient financial systems is preferred.
UASI is the employer of choice due to our outstanding reputation for excellence within the industry and for our comprehensive benefit package, which includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short/long-term disability, 401(K) and referral bonuses.
- Training opportunities and reimbursement for professional certifications.
- UASI’s unique approach to employee appreciation which include birthday recognition, holiday gift selections, performance awards, and years of service awards.