UASI is currently seeking an experienced Interim HIM Manager to join our HIM Consulting team.
The Interim HIM Manager assists in the management of daily operations for the Health Information Management department including: staff supervision, scheduling, monitoring work flow and productivity as well as quality assurance.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize, and manage the overall operation of the Health Information Management Department
- Supervise and manage HIM department staff
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and standards related to health information and coding principles
- Provide health information management related education and training to facility employees including working with medical and facility staff on task forces and committees
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, flexible and detail-oriented with the ability to be a positive influence on others and adapts well to change. Additional qualifications include:
- AHIMA Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management preferred
- Minimum of at least 3 years of previous HIM Management experience is required
- The ability to travel on-site iniitally for training and then on occasion thereafter is required