Join UASI today and work with the top HIM experts in the industry. We are currently seeking an experienced Coding Auditor to perform Inpatient Coding Audits and Review Services to client sites remotely from a home office. Additional responsibilities include:
- Work with clients performing coding audit and/or review services on a variety of Inpatient facility record types.
- Identify trends based on coding audit and review findings and formulate recommendations for corrective action plans.
- Perform necessary research to provide to the client to support findings. Examples of this research include online searches, pulling CMS transmittals and program memorandums.
- Provide in-service education to clients on specific coding trends identified, as requested.
- Assist in the design and presentation of educational seminars to clients and staff.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, have the ability to work independently, quality conscious and be able to adapt well to change. Additional qualifications include:
- RHIA, RHIT or CCS certification.
- 5 years’ minimum experience performing Inpatient facility audits and reviews in addition to previous coding experience.
- Initiative to perform research to maintain a high level of knowledge and skill.
- Ability to remain impartial and objective in finalizing and presenting audit findings.
- Willingness to take ownership of responsibilities and deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to utilize UASI audit software and the ability to transfer files in a secure manner in compliance with HIPAA policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with confidence on site and via webinar/conference calls.
UASI is dedicated to providing employees with the tools needed for professional growth and development. We also recognize that HIM professionals are our greatest asset and in return for your talents, we offer a dynamic work environment, career growth and development, strong leadership and competitive salaries. Additional benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- Short/ long-term disability, PTO, 401(K), referral bonuses and flexible schedules.
- Training opportunities, yearly educational allowances and continuing education programs.
- UASI’s unique approach to employee appreciation which include: birthday recognition, holiday gift selections, years of service awards and quality bonus programs.