Pro Fee E/M Coding Auditor Job Description
Join UASI today and work with the top HIM experts in the industry! We are currently seeking an experienced Coding Auditor to join our HIM consulting team working remotely from a home office.
- Performs coding audits and reviews on a variety of professional fee record types including: Evaluation and Management, surgical CPT, hospitalist, annual well visits, inpatient pro-fee and outpatient pro-fee
- Perform coding audits and reviews on a variety of specialties, such as: Primary Care, ENT, Nephrology, Urology, Cardiology, Thoracic, Neurology, Emergency Department, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Behavioral Health, Ophthalmology, Endocrinology, as well as many others
- Perform necessary research in order to provide the client with supportive regulatory and coding guideline documentation. Examples of this research include but is not limited to: Official Coding Guidelines, Medicare/Medicaid Claims Processing Manual, Office of Inspector General guidance, Local/National coverage determinations and transmittals, and National Correct Coding Initiatives.
- Participate and lead exit conference calls with clients to provide audit results overview, identifying trends and potential action plans.
- Assist in the design and presentation of educational seminars to clients and staff
- Work with other members of the HIM Consulting Division on Senior Level Projects such as assessment and analysis, development of tools to assist in the audit process, development of education for staff, develop coding test material for applicants and develop coding content for short articles with coding advice for clients
The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, have the ability to work independently, quality conscious and be able to adapt well to change. Additional qualifications include:
- AHIMA or AAPC certification
- 5+ years’ minimum experience performing E/M audits and reviews (facility, pro fee and surgical pro fee) in addition to previous coding experience
- Experience auditing for a wide variety of multi-specialties
- Initiative to perform research to maintain a high level of knowledge and skill
- The ability to remain impartial and objective in finalizing and presenting audit findings
UASI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.