Interim HIM Manager Job Description
We are currently seeking an experienced Interim HIM Manager to join our HIM Consulting team. The Interim HIM Manager assists in the management of daily operations for the Health Information Management department including staff supervision, scheduling, monitoring workflow, and productivity as well as quality assurance.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize and manage the overall operation of the Health Information Management Department
- Supervise and manage HIM department staff
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and standards related to health information and coding principles
- Provide health information management related education and training to facility employees including working with medical and facility staff on task forces and committees
Additional qualifications include:
- RHIA or RHIT certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management preferred
- Minimum of at least 5 years of previous HIM Management experience in a large hospital is strongly preferred
- The ability to travel is required
UASI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.