Desktop Support Specialist Job Description
United Audit Systems, Inc. (UASI), a rapidly growing, healthcare consulting firm, is seeking a Desktop Support Specialist to join our corporate office. UASI is an innovative healthcare consulting firm, serving nationally recognized leaders in healthcare and we are seeking a multi-skilled IT professional in our corporate office. Technical knowledge, combined with excellent customer service is a must for the position.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide remote and local system users with first-line Help Desk support related to software applications and hardware.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Answer incoming Tech Support calls and effectively utilize the Ticket System
- Build Windows workstations and perform regular routine maintenance and basic troubleshooting on workstations or virtual machines.
- Create/Remove users in both Exchange and Active Directory including setting up appropriate groups and permissions.
- Add users to systems including VM Client Manager, Secure File Transfer system, and facility databases in CodeIQ and ensure appropriate access based on permissions.
- Assist in shipping and tracking computer equipment for remote users
- Assist in training new users
- Answer calls and resolve tickets during afterhours call rotation
- Update servers during system maintenance
- Troubleshoot basic issues with Office, LibreOffice and OWA.
Requirements for the position include:
- Competence with Windows desktop operating systems (Windows 10)
- Familiarity with Active Directory (Server 2019)
- Familiarity with Office 2019
- Experience in remote desktop troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of networked computing
- Baccalaureate degree or associate’s degree in related field, or at least 2 years equivalent work experience
UASI provides a supportive environment that encourages professional development and enables each employee to achieve their individual goals. We offer a competitive pay and excellent benefit package.
UASI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.