CDI Supervisor Job Description
UASI is passionate about providing CDI Consulting services that improve quality and accuracy. We are continuing to expand our CDI service offerings and we are seeking experienced professionals to join our team as a CDI Supervisor.
The CDI Supervisor will perform CDI services and will have responsibility for client communication, training, continuous quality reviews, and coordinating workflow of staff on a specific CDI engagement.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and document client processes and implement tools to assist staff and ensure client specific goals are achieved
- Communicate with clients and provide client support as needed
- Perform & document quality reviews as required for staff
- Provide initial and on-going training of staff as necessary
- Conduct conference calls with clients as needed
- Develop or assist in preparation of client reports that contain findings, observations, and recommendations for improvement
- Act as a liaison for the technical support staff between clients and internal IT, as well as staff for ongoing remote system access
The ideal candidate will have a clinical background with a thorough knowledge of official medical coding guidelines, CMS, and private payer regulations related to the Inpatient Prospective Payment System.
Additional qualifications include:
- RN, BSN or MSN required
- CCDS or CDIP preferred
- Knowledge and experienced in all aspects of CDI
- Experience performing second level reviews
- Previous leadership experience (including team lead) or project management experience required
- Previous experience performing CDI education on the job, including to physicians
- The ability to communicate with physicians and hospital staff in a collaborative manner to promote appropriate clinical documentation and quality improvement is a must
UASI is dedicated to providing employees with the tools needed for professional growth and development. We recognize that CDI professionals are our greatest asset and in return for your talents, we offer a dynamic work environment, career growth and development, strong leadership, full benefits and competitive pay.
UASI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.